Common Issues with Not Seeing Results In Weight Loss
Since your system may be out of wack, below are some of the most popular issues with why this may occur:
LOW TESTOSTERONE LEVELS
Ways to increase testosterone naturally:
- Avoid processed and boxed foods
- Eat organic foods
- Take an adequate amount of fats like grass fed beef and coconut oil
- Lift weights
- Perform high intensity interval workouts instead of slow, steady cardio
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
HIGH ESTROGEN LEVELS
Estrogen is the female sex hormone. Men want this to be as low and women want an adequate amount but unfortunately many women are dealing with elevated levels. If you have too much estrogen, you will not burn fat. PERIOD!!
How to regulate estrogen levels naturally:
- Eat organic meat, organic fruit/veggies and wild caught fish
- Detox your liver. All estrogen compounds pass through the liver and if your live is messed up from too much BOOZE you will always have an excess (LIMIT YOUR ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION)
- Avoid soy products
HIGH CORTISOL LEVELS
Cortisol is a stress hormone that increases body fat storage and can also effect your cognitive abilities, leaving you in a bit of a brain fog. Cortisol levels are extremely high in today’s society with our stress and high paced life.
How to decrease cortisol levels
- Train 45-60 minutes each session, no more
- Avoid excess amounts of aerobic exercise (slow cardio)
- Avoid stress. Give yourself 10 minutes per day to just relax and think. No phones, computers or anything.
POOR INSULIN SENSITIVITY
This means your body’s ability to tolerate carbs is impaired. This is a common issue for many people and can lead to excess fat.
How to fix poor insulin sensitivity:
- Lower your body fat
- Get most of your carbs from fruit, veggies, sweet potatoes and oats
- Keep your carbs low for a few days per week
This is just the tip of the iceberg when trying to get your overall body function back where it needs to be. I will be featuring 5 more issues that we may have that may be causing us not to loose weight. Check back later this week for part 3 of getting your system back in check
Yours in health,
Owner of MRSPFitness